What is the difference between a deductible and a copay?
Copays are a fixed fee you pay when you receive covered care, like an office visit. A deductible is the amount of money you must pay out-of-pocket toward covered benefits before your health insurance company starts paying. In most cases your copay will not go toward your deductible. Call your insurance provider for specific details related to your insurance plan.
What if I need to cancel?
If you need to cancel your appointment for any reason, please do so within 24 hours of scheduled appointment. Failure to cancel appointments prior to 24 hours in advance, no shows, and late cancellations may result in additional fees.
Do you prescribe medication?
Medication can be effective but it alone cannot solve all issues. Our work together is designed to explore and unpack the problems you are experiencing and expand on your inner strengths that can help you accomplish your personal goals. Sometimes medication is needed in conjunction with counseling & we will provide the appropriate referral if necessary.
How does it work? What do I have to do in sessions?
Because each person has different issues and goals for counseling, it will be different depending on the individual. I tailor my therapeutic approach to fit your specific needs.
How long will it take?
Unfortunately, this is not possible to say. Everyone’s circumstances are unique to them and the length of time counseling can take to allow you to accomplish your goals depends on your desire for personal development, your commitment, and the factors that are driving you to seek counseling in the first place.
Is there anything else I should know?
- Ask questions! There are no stupid questions.
- You don’t have to be the “perfect client.” Just be yourself!
- Be honest with your therapist. The more truthful you are about what’s going on in your life, the better our work will be together.
- Be patient with the process and be patient with yourself. Therapy is hard work! So give yourself credit for taking such an important step.
- If you are experiencing financial hardship, sliding scale options may be available. Please contact for more details.